1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/8 cup and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/4 cup onion
2 tbsp green onion
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 package cream cheese (about 2 ounces)
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Steam the broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer on the stove top.
2. While it is steaming, in a medium bowl combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 tbsp of melted butter, 1 tbsp Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning. Mix together and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, melt 1.5 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp greek yogurt and onion. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Stir in flour, the rest of the Italian seasoning, garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. Add the milk, cook and stir until it is bubbly and thick.
5. Next add the cream cheese and 1/8 cup of Parmesan. Cook and stir until the sauce is uniform.
6. To the skillet mixture, add the steamed vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the vegetables with the crumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.