6 pork chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 can diced green chilis
1 colored pepper of your choice
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onions
1 package of taco seasoning
1 cup whole wheat rice
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat the olive oil, and brown the pork chops. At the same time, cook the rice so it is still a bit tough (it will cook in the oven).
3. Spray a 13″ by 9″ baking dish with cooking spray, pour the chicken broth, tomato sauce, chilis, taco seasoning, peppers, mushrooms, onion and partially cooked rice in the dish.
4. Put the pork chops on top of the rice mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for about 60 minutes (less if your pork chops are smaller).
5. Remove from the oven and top with cheese, put it back in the oven and cook for a few more minutes or until the cheese melts.