Lemon Dill Sauce
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
2 tbsp. green onion
2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup spinach
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 and 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
2 tbsp. feta cheese
1 tbsp. fresh dill
1/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1. First make the lemon dill sauce and let refrigerate for at least and hour. For the sauce, combine all the ingredients, stir well and refrigerate.
2. For the quinoa cakes, cook the quinoa according to package instructions, strain when done.
3. Heat some olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onion is softened. Add the chopped spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
4. In a bowl, add together the spinach, quinoa, egg, feta, dill, lemon zest and some black pepper. Mix in the bread crumbs and let it sit for a bit so the crumbs can soak up the moisture.
5. Reheat the skillet on low heat, adding a bit of cooking spray to it. Form quinoa patties that are about a 1/2 inch thick. Cook them in the skillet, about 10 minutes on each side. Put a lid over the top to keep in the heat.
6. Serve topped with the lemon dill dip.