1 cup oats
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup cream cheese, softened
zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, soak together the oats, milk and lemon juice.
2. In another bowl, blend together the cream cheese, lemon zest, white sugar and vanilla.
3. In a third bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. To the oats mixture, add the beaten egg and melted butter.
5. Fold in the oats mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until it is well mixed. Add the blueberries and gently stir.
6. Add muffin liners to the muffin tins. Spoon half the batter into 12 muffin tins, spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the batter, distributing it evenly. Top with more blueberry batter.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.