3 cups uncooked brown rice
2 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. brown sugar
16 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice
1/2 bell pepper, any colour, diced
1/2 cup green onion
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the rice. Cook according to package instructions.
2. While the rice is cooking, brown the coconut in a pan for 2-4 minutes. Set aside.
3. Spray a pan with cooking spray, sauté the bell pepper for 7 minutes, then add the green onion.
4. Using a strainer, strain the pineapple from the juice. Then in another sauté pan add the pineapple juice, lime juice and brown sugar. Stir well and heat until the sugar is dissolved (a few minutes).
5. In the rice pot, add the peppers, scallions and toasted coconut. Then stir in the sauce.