1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup loosely packed, not strained grated zucchini
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl add egg, sugars, oil, sour cream or yogurt and vanilla, mixing well. Then add in 1 cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Lastly mix in the shredded zucchini.
3. In a small bowl mix the blueberries with 1/4 cup of flour, this will prevent the blueberries from falling to the bottom of the loaf. Add to the bread mixture and stir until combined.
4. Place the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 57 minutes.
1 cup milk
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. honey
1 cup warm water
1/4 ounces of yeast (one of those little packs of Fleishman’s yeast)
1/4 cups cornmeal
5 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1.Combine milk, honey and butter in a medium saucepan. Warm until the butter starts to melt and whisk. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
2.Place the warm water and yeast in a bowl, stir gently with a fork and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
3.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Pour cooled milk mixture into the yeast mixture and stir. Add 3 cups of the whole wheat flour and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix well. Beat in the remaining flour and stir until it is not sticky.
4.Lay the dough mixture on a floured surface and sprinkle a bit more flour on top. Knead for 3-4 minutes and then let rest for 10 minutes.
5.Next, using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the dough into circles (a drinking glass works great) and place the muffins on the baking sheet, sprinkling a bit more cornmeal on top. Cover the dough with a lightweight towel for 45 minutes.
6.When they have risen, heat a skillet to medium heat, place the English muffins on top, heating for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side. Cool before using or toasting in the toaster.
6 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
3 tbsp. buttermilk
3 tbsp. plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk the brown sugar and softened butter. Then whisk in the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir.
4. Put the batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Cool before removing from the pan.
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of brown sugar, not packed tightly
4 tbsp. butter softened to room temperature
3 medium bananas, mashed
1/3 cup plain, Greek or vanilla yogurt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. more cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, 1 tsp. of cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with a mixer. Add the eggs and beat more. Then stir in the banana, yogurt and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until it is a thick batter.
3. Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, spread evenly. Then sprinkle the 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon over the batter. Top with the remaining batter mix. Bake for 45 minutes in the oven. Cool before adding the glaze to the top.
4. To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle it over the bread.
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 egg whites
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 mashed bananas
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup chocolate chips (or more depending on your taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease a 1 pound loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar and peanut butter.
3. Beat in eggs until blended, then add bananas and Greek yogurt. Sir in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Bake in the oven for 55 minutes. Let it cool a bit before serving.